Oversight Board For the Windsor Redevelopmen Successor Agency
The California Supreme Court, in a decision issued on December 29, 2011 (California Redevelopment Association et al. v. Ana Matosantos et al) upheld a bill passed by the California Legislature, ABX1 26, that abolishes redevelopment agencies, and invalidated as unconstitutional a companion bill, ABX1 27, that would have permitted redevelopment agencies to continue operation if their sponsoring jurisdiction agreed to make certain payments to the State for the benefit of schools. As a result, the Redevelopment Agency of the Town of Windsor along with all redevelopment agencies in California were dissolved on February 1, 2012.
On January 11, 2012, the Town Council adopted Resolution No. 2869-12, electing the Town of Windsor as the Successor Agency to the former Windsor Redevelopment Agency. The Successor Agency is responsible for winding down the affairs of the former Agency.
The Oversight Board has certain fiduciary responsibilities and reviews and directs certain successor agency actions.
Town Hall Council Chambers
9291 Old Redwood Hwy., Building 400
Windsor, CA 95492
No regularly scheduled meetings. Dates to be announced.
State law requests that each Successor Agency have a seven-member Oversight Board with representatives from affected local taxing agencies, K-14 districts, the county, the town and special districts.
- Debora Fudge, Chair, Windsor Town Council, Mayor Appointment
- Jeff Leasure, Vice Chair, Member of Public, Sonoma County Appointment
- Kristina Owens, Employee of the Town, Mayor Appointment
- Steve Herrington, Sonoma County Superintendent of Schools
- Tom Lawrence, County of Sonoma Representative, Sonoma County Appointment
- John Nelson, Special District Representative, Sonoma County Appointment
- Doug Roberts, Santa Rosa Junior College, Vice President of Business Service
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Agendas & Minutes